Kiwifruit are super cheap at the moment, so what better time to try out this cake? It’s great as an alternative to banana cake.
What you need:
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 Kiwifruit, mashed (to give 3/4 cup)
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 160C (140C if fan forced) and grease a 20-23cm cake tin. I used 20cm because I like a slightly taller cake.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
3. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well until it looks like above photo.
4. Add kiwifruit, sifted dry ingredients and honey and cinnamon into butter mixture and mix until combined. Don’t forget the kiwifruit! I nearly did…
5. Pour into cake tin and bake for 35-45 mins (larger tin requires less time) until cooked.
Easy cake, and great when you want something a bit different. I dusted with icing sugar, but the cake would also be great with cream cheese icing, decorated with kiwifruit slices (if you wanted to get a bit fancy).